Branch of the Universidad de Los Andes which has as its objective the promotion and development of research and knowledge of History, Architectural Theory and Criticism.
Objectives and Aims of the Center:
The Center of Historical Studies of the Faculty of Architecture "Alfonso Vanegas" has been created with the objective of promoting and developing research and knowledge of History, Architectural Theory and Criticism. It concentrates its resources on the creation and accumulation of experiences in these and related fields, thereby articulating research initiatives in a common organization. The activities of the Center that support the programs of the Faculty of Architecture are the following:
* To Take part in undergraduate and graduate instruction in those courses tied to the the aims of the Center.
* To Offer advisement and tutoring to undergraduate and graduate students in the realization of theses or projects that fall within the knowledge of the Center.
* To Offer possibilities to university professors to carry out research.
Lines of Research:
- Inventory of Heritage
- Architecture and the Latin American City
- Theory and History of City Architecture
- Restoration and Conservation of Architectural and Urban Heritage