Lines of Research:
- "Clinical" and "basic" aspects of electrophysiology and arrhythmia. The group researches physiology, physiopathology, diagnosis and treatments (pharmacology, surgical, and lightning stroke) relating to cardiac arrhythmia. Also, the group researches the genesis and formation of cardiac electric impulses in experimental preparations and in human beings.
- Miocardiac Ischemia and reperfusion. Physiopathology and treatment of miocardiac ischemic damage are researched.
- Renal Ischemia and reperfusion. Physiopathology and treatment of renal ischemia damage are researched.
- Autonomic cardiac nervous system and ventricular function. The group researches physiology, physiopathology, diagnosis and treatments in relation to autonomic disfunction in experimental subjects and human beings.
- Modifications of the ventricular function and the electrophysiological properties of the phases of the menstrual cycle.
- The relationship between anxiety, depression, and cardiac arrhythmia. In regards to this line of research, the group works with Dr. Trino Baptista (psychiatrist)